Ohio2006 Blog

News, analysis, and comments on Ohio elections.

Thursday, November 2

Cong OH-14: Katz (D) Reported Close to LaTourette

I have previously heard that Rep. Steve LaTourette (R-Concord Township) has conducted several polls but has not publicly released the results. Today a source who communicated on condition of anonymity told me that the most recent poll showed challenger Lew Katz (D-Chesterland) within single digits of the incumbent. Perhaps this explains why, at today's debate at the City Club of Cleveland, LaTourette acknowledged unthreatening 2002 opponent Dale Blanchard (D) in the audience and said "I wish he was my opponent again this year."

4 Comments:

At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

there is no way thats true....I want to believe it but there is just no way...

 
At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I can't believe is true is Katz's stance on the death penalty. I had him as my criminal law professor seven years ago, and he was definitely anti-death penalty at that time. I wonder if his stance on the issue had anything to do with the Lundgren execution.

 
At 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why can't this be true? Kerry lost in this district by only 52-47, and Gore WON. Given the current climate for Republicans, I'd say this is very possible.

 
At 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Katz! What a coup this will be! The time is now to take back Washington, and Katz is the man! Ride the wave through Election Day! If this is true, it truly is time to throw support Katz's way! He needs it, true, but he CAN do it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home