Ohio2006 Blog

News, analysis, and comments on Ohio elections.

Monday, August 20

RETRACTED - Reagan Dissed 40-Year-Old George W. Bush as "Ne'er Do Well"

Cross-posted at my new location, Ohio Daily Blog:

Ah, I must apologize - apparently this turns out to be a farce. It has been removed from my source (Taegen Goddard's Political Wire).


Hat-tip to Taegan Goddard for this choice bit from the diaries of Ronald Reagan, written on May 17, 1986 (emphasis added):
"A moment I've been dreading. [Vice President] George [H.W. Bush] brought his ne'er-do-well son around this morning and asked me to find the kid a job. Not the political one who lives in Florida. The one who hangs around here all the time looking shiftless. This so-called kid is already almost 40 and has never had a real job. Maybe I'll call Kinsley over at The New Republic and see if they'll hire him as a contributing editor or something. That looks like easy work."
The Gipper was perceptive, you have to grant him that. Too bad George W. didn't get the easy job Reagan had in mind ... and stay there.

UPDATE: My readers don't think this is genuine, and I'm starting to wonder as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home