Ohio2006 Blog

News, analysis, and comments on Ohio elections.

Wednesday, January 18

Cong. OH-13: Foltin (R) pondering bid

Republican mayor of Lorain Craig Foltin told the Cleveland Plain Dealer that he hasn't decided about entering the race, but has been strongly encouraged to do so: "If you would have asked me a week or two ago, inside I was saying 'No way,' . . . But I am hearing a lot of things from a lot of people. There are a lot of people who are pushing me."

Here's the PD's take on Cafaro: "If Cafaro is comparatively inexperienced in politics, she is undeniably wealthy. She has the potential to use her own considerable money for the campaign. In her failed bid to beat LaTourette, she pumped more than $1.6 million of her own cash into the campaign.

"'I believe she will spend whatever is necessary,' [spokesman] Rubenstein said of the upcoming campaign. He said Cafaro has recently rented a home in the Lorain County community of Sheffield."

I like how Pho described her in a note to me last night: CarpetBaguette. Indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home