Ohio2006 Blog

News, analysis, and comments on Ohio elections.

Wednesday, November 15

VIDEO - A Tribute to Heroes of the Campaign Trail

This video is my personal tribute to all the great Democratic candidates who worked so hard for so long on the campaign trail this election. They didn't all win their races, but they all fought hard to get the message out, and they all made a difference. Many of the candidates that I met this year told me they got started in politics because they were inspired by a candidate, and it wasn't necessarily a winning candidate or one in a high profile race. All of the candidates in this tribute helped energize and inspire the people, and the effect of their efforts will be lasting.

I realize that I didn't include everybody; this is just a random sampling of candidates whose races I followed and for whom I had pictures on hand. I hope that all the others understand that the folks featured here stand in for all the rest, because you've all earned my respect:

[NOTE: I have removed the embedded link, but the video is available here.]

6 Comments:

At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YouTube says the video is no longer available. Can that be rectified?

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Jeff said...

It says that until the video has been processed. It should be okay now!

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Jill said...

I congratulate you Jeff - that was wonderful. You have a bright future, young man! ;)

 
At 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an incredible tribute!!! I got tears in my eyes.

 
At 12:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to see of our candidates from the SW corner of Ohio. We do have some terrific Democratic candidates around here.

 
At 12:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliant!
Thank You!
This should be kept in a very safe place - to remind us all - less we become complacent and forget -
How hard these folks worked for all of us!
It was an honor to work with them - to Turn Around Ohio - Together!
They are all winners - in the true sense of action and integrity - against great odds!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home