Ohio2006 Blog

News, analysis, and comments on Ohio elections.

Sunday, February 19

OH House 89th: Knauff (R) Runs Against Book (D)


Thanks to a reader for referring me to this storyin the Portsmouth Daily Times, reporting on election petitions filed in the Ohio House 89th District race. Tim Knauff (R), a small business owner and a police officer at the United States Enrichment Corp. in Piketon, Ohio, will take on Assistant Minority Leader Todd Book (D-McDermott)(pictured). "I'm running for the same reason I ran for county commissioner (in 2004)," Knauff is quoted as saying. "The No. 1 thing is jobs and unemployment." Knauff claims that Book has not done enough to bring jobs to the 89th District. Book's statement: "I feel I am able to make a difference and help move southern Ohio and the entire state forward. It is my hope that during the remainder of this term, and God willing, my next term, I will be able to further help our area and bring back confidence in our government." Book received 66.68% of the vote in 2004.

1 Comments:

At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To be fair, Book's opponent in the last election was a complete moron.

He trounced Richard Holt, who is now running for Congress. Just take a look at his campaign site and you'll see exactly WHY Book got 66% of the vote.

http://www.teamholt.net

 

Post a Comment

<< Home