Ohio2006 Blog

News, analysis, and comments on Ohio elections.

Thursday, July 6

Cong. 8th: Who is Morton Meier (D)?

In the absence of a web site or media coverage, my readers may have been just as curious as I have been about this Morton Meier who filed to run against House Majority Leader John Boehner (R-West Chester). My Google searching has revealed nothing - until today. Here is the link to a column in the Dayton Daily News, conveying information about Meier as well as 8th District Congressional candidate William Conner (who at least has a web site).

Meier, who lives in Hamilton, is a retired stock broker and former Republican who faced Boehner in the 1990 Republican primary. Meier was a Republican for many years, but "then they elected George W. Bush, and I said, that's it for me and the Republican Party." Meier volunteered for Howard Dean in 2004.

"I've been very unhappy," the column quotes Meier as saying. "I'm a do-it-yourself person, so I'm trying to do something about it. If I can't win, at least I can move the ball forward and get the word out on John Boehner."

There's nothing posted there yet, but Morton plans to have a campaign web site at "http://www.victimsofjohnboehner.org." Meier regards Boehner as "nothing more than a salesman" and a symbol of a Congress that is not forthright. As to the Republican Party, he says that they have not fulfilled their campaign promises.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home