Ohio2006 Blog

News, analysis, and comments on Ohio elections.

Tuesday, July 11

Sen: Hackett/Brown Event - Audio Link & More Photos

I emailed the audio I recorded to Editor at the excellent blog Ohio 2nd, who has posted it here (Part 1) and here (Part 2).

The following are some pictures that didn't make it into my last post:


This is Paul Hackett while Mayor Mallory was speaking, looking very relaxed and comfortable in seersucker and shades.

I hustled over after the speeches were done and the crowd dispersed to get a shot of this group pose set up by Brown campaign aide Joanna Kuebler, whose hand and camera strap are visible at lower right. It looks like I managed to distract the youngest Hackett, which might have ruined the real picture. Sorry, Joanna! I hope you took more than one!

After the outdoor event and a press conference call, Hackett and Brown hosted a reception in the beer garden at the nearby Montgomery Boathouse Inn. The mood was very upbeat and I enjoyed talking to Southwest Ohio Democrats that I probably otherwise would not get to meet, such as 2nd Congressional District primary candidate Thor Jacobs, 29th Ohio House District candidate Brent Gray, and Hamilton County Democratic Party Executive Director Chandra Yungbluth and her new assistant, Graves Spindler. In the photo, Brown and Hackett pose with a supporter whose name I did not get, one of many such pictures taken at the reception.

Just before the event started I talked to Cincinnati Councilman John Cranley, who is running a strong race against Rep. Steve Chabot in the 1st Congressional District. I told him how impressed I am with the Voting Rights Pledge that he issued last Friday, which I plan to blog more about in a separate post.

I enjoyed talking to reporter Bill Sloat of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, who made a point of introducing me to several people including including Cranley, Enquirer political reporter Howard Wilkinson (his coverage of the event is here), and Cincinnati Councilman Jeff Berding. Reporters don't get their pictures published very often, so here's one of Bill.

4 Comments:

At 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job. It was good to meet you and see a real face.

Mark Mallory is a really good guy. Glad you noted how statesmanlike he is.

The place where the reception was is the Montgomery Inn Boathouse. Great ribs if you ever go back.

Vic Wulsin was there. She is going to kick Mean Jean's butt back to Clermont County.

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Jeff said...

Hey, Muffet, nice to meet you as well! Thanks for the correction.

I was very impressed with Vic Wulsin. Somehow I expected her to be sort of reserved or understated, but she has an energetic and magnetic personality and I really liked meeting her.

 
At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She will remember you the next time you see her. Smart, wonderful woman.

 
At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Running against an evil gymnast!

Ambercat

 

Post a Comment

<< Home